Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday



I've never posted a kitchen tip, mainly because I don't have many good tips, but about a month ago I was making some pizza and realized I was out of pizza sauce. So I looked through my lazy-susan and found a can of Italian flavored diced tomatoes. I always keep those things on hand. I love them and use them regularly.

I decided to use them to make some pizza sauce. I just dumped a can in the blender and blended until desired chunklessness was reached. (If it is too thin for you, or you want added tomato flavor, add a spot of tomato paste.) And my family loved it. I will never buy another jar of pizza sauce. And it is sooooo much less expensive, less than $1 a can for store brand Italian diced tomatoes.

Hope you like my tip!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Great idea.

Joy said...

We have used this for pizza sauce even without blending it. It is very tasty! I will have to try blending it next time. Keep sharing your Kitchen tips!!!