What a busy weekend we had. With all the food and family. And a few of us came down with some sort of stomach bug, so that was a plus. We basically enjoyed ourselves during the long Thanksgiving weekend, but I had forgotten to post some pictures from our Branson trip. We had a good time, and it was only cold, not bitterly cold, like I feared it would be!
One of the best things about Silver Dollar City is their christian message. They really stress the real meaning of Christmas. They have a Living Nativity show that is outstanding. The train ride that goes around the park stops and a "Grandpa" sitting in a rocking chair reads the Christmas story from Luke. Even the Frosty the Snowman show we saw included the message of His birth and how to live with Him forever. In fact, unlike most public places today, it was hard NOT to see the real meaning of Christmas. I am very grateful this top quality family amusement park is so close to where we live. If you are ever in the Branson area, you must stop and have a day at SDC!
2 comments:
It looks like you guys had a great trip!!! Dollywood use to be a Silver Dollar City many many years ago! It really is a fun place!
I too have planned a family trip through Sheraton for the coming holiday season, hope it will also be great!!
Post a Comment