I tried an awesome new recipe for my family this past week and had to share. It sounds a little iffy at first, but it is really good and pretty healthy, too.
Roasted Chicken with Apple & Mixed Vegetables
4 chicken thighs
4 chicken drums
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. olive oil
3 large carrots, cleaned and sliced
12 garlic cloves, peeled
1 large onion, peeled and coarsely sliced
1 large apple, chopped
1 pint Brussels spounts, halved
In a very large skillet (I used a 14"), season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sear chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat to brown outside. Place pan in over. Bake at 375 degrees.
The veggies cook in varying times, so be aware not to add them too early or they will overcook. When chicken has been in the oven for 15 mins, add the carrots and garlic cloves (because they are not minced or chopped, they flavor is milder than what you might think).
After another 15 minutes, add onions, apples and Brussels sprouts. Veggies and chicken will be fully cooked in 50 mins to 1 hour. Bake the thighs to an internal temp of 170.
Note: This is the first time I've worked with Brussels sprouts and found that if you don't trim the end off, it is tough to eat. I will trim it off next time.
Note II: I adapted this recipe from this recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment