Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field."
Gen. 3:17,18
As you can see from the pic above I am working with a lot of thorns and thistles in my garden. Just as the rains help the crops grow, so do the weeds!
Landon and I went and harvested some of our vegetables tonight. We cut a bag of lettuce and have plenty still to harvest, I will have to find some neighbors to share with. Not many of my radishes grew, most went all to tops, but we got a few. My green onions are doing great and we did pull some of the bigger ones. My potatoes are still growing and will be ready later. Unfortunately, a fungus claimed my 3 cucumber plants. I may try starting a few more in a couple of weeks and trying for a fall harvest.
I do enjoy gardening and love to pull weeds (no, I'm serious), and I enjoy eating my produce, but I love watching Landon in the garden most of all.
Collin is battling his second ear infection in a row. The first round of antibiotics didn't even touch it, so we were bumped up to the Cadillac of antibiotics - Augmentin. Ahhhh, diarrhea.
He does seem to be feeling better today, and no fever so far tonight, so we are hoping for the best.
2 comments:
What a wonderful garden! That is awesome. I just planted my first tomato plants in containers on my deck. I don't think I will ever be able to have a garden due to the deer who would come eat it all. I am hoping they don't make it up on the deck! What a great lesson for Landon.
The garden is looking great!!! Our garden seems to be doing pretty well especially the cucumbers and squash I have my doubts on the yellow and green peppers but we shall keep watching. Thanks again for all the encouragement and info on the garden!
Post a Comment