Friday, June 6, 2008

10 Year Romance



Shae and I have been married today for 10 years! I can't believe it has been that long. When I think back to what all has happened in that 10 years, I'm glad our Heavenly Father has seen us through. (If you think marriage is easy, I'm glad, but parts of marriage is hard. Here's a small list of some of the milestones:

1. We've lived in 3 places: Columbus, GA; Knoxville, TN; and now here in Kansas.
2. Shae has spent over 3 of those years away from home. 1 1/2 of those years in Iraq or in training for Iraq.
3. We have two wonderful sons.
4. We've seen our fair share of health problems.
5. We've had wonderful vacations, including; Disney World, Bahamas, Charleston, SC; Williamsburg, VA; Branson, MO; Gatlinburg, TN; Pueblo, CO; Colorado Springs, CO; Houston, TX; Kansas City; Ashville, NC; and more that have escaped me right now. (Most of these were BK, or before kids.)
6. Many great times with family and friends.

Thanks to all of you who have helped make our marriage a success. If you think that is a funny statement to make, that's ok, but I think it takes a family, friends and God to really keep a marriage going.

We are going to KC for the weekend. Landon is well enough to stay with Shae's parents and Collin is coming with us. We have a longer trip planned to Colorado Springs this fall, sans kids.

Happy Anniversary, Honey. Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

Are We There Yet?? said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Joy said...

Happy Day to you both!!!