Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Diaper Dilemma

I'm on my third day using cloth diapers, and I'm still not completly sold. My son must be a really heavy wetter, because everytime I change a diaper I have to change his outfit. I'm talking only 2 hours between changes. If any of you out there has used cloth diapers, should I be changing more frequently? I really want this to work, but it is really frusterating when the diapers leak through. I am going to continue to try different things and maybe I will find something that eventually works.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I'm sorry you're having trouble with them. Have you found any helpful websites? A friend here uses cloth, so that got me at least investigating as a consideration for the future. I'm not "sold" on it completely yet. Honestly, I mostly like the adorable covers! But I figure I could make cute bloomers and not have the bulk of cloth diapers. At the moment, I would say I *might* (if hubby was on board when the time came) do cloth at home and disposable out and about. I know it helps landfills, but then again you're using water and electricity. I know some say you can line dry and then it really does come out better $$, but I do not think I could line dry a thick cloth diaper here in FL in the summer without creating some serious mold/mildew issues. It's SO humid. I guess that's something be thankful for--I don't have to decide yet!

Jennifer said...

I love the cute designs, too. But the cuter the desing, the more costly.