My father and I worked hard the last 4 days to prime and paint the walls of the kitchen and bathroom. I don't consider myself to be
indecisive, but I do change my mind from time-to-time and I actually bought paint for both the rooms and after putting it on the wall didn't care for it. So I went back to Lowe's for more paint. I took pictures of the first paint color and the second paint color, but I was a little
ticked because the camera and the computer really don't pick up subtle color changes.
The first color I chose for the kitchen was "Sleepy Blue".

I really liked the color, but not in the kitchen. So I went to my first choice of kitchen color: yellow. I chose "
Jekyll Clubhouse Yellow", which really doesn't tell you anything about the color, but I can tell you it is "butter". (How much do you think paint
namers get paid, anyway.) After a little research I found out that Jekyll Clubhouse Yellow is so named because it is the color the clubhouse is painted on the golf course at Jekyll Island, GA. I know - too much time on my hands.

The first color I chose for the bathroom was "Cowslip".

Now, I thought cowslip was another name for cow patty - I'm not joking. I thought manure was called that because you could slip in it - once again, not joking. But my mother informed me that it is a
flower. I thought it was really pretty in the can. But way to bright on my bathroom walls, so I changed to my original pick, which was a green.
Tempered Sage to be exact. Now, I don't know what kind of disposition this paint has, but it looks sweet on my walls!

Once again, the pictures really don't show the true colors, but you get the idea.
Now, I have a couple of surprised up my sleeve for my husband, so I am not going to post the very final pictures of the bathroom just yet. He will be home on Saturday, so I will post after he sees everything completed.
1 comment:
It is looking good and all coming together! I cannot wait to see the finished pics this weekend! Our bathrooms have LOADS of color! It was the only place that Brad would "let" me go a little wild! We have a red, green and yellow bath. I know kinda like a stop light! Our yellow is a bit more intense that your first bathroom color! I think that it just about kills Brad! ;) I hope that you are happy with all the finished work! The kitchen looks great in yellow!!!
Post a Comment