Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It Feels Good to be Alive



You know those days that are so incredibly beautiful you don't even know how to describe it? How you feel lighter on your feet? The birds sing, your soul just feels right? We are having one of those days. It is 55 degrees today and sunny! It has been so cold and wet and dreary for so long I didn't think I would ever see a nice day again. But it has finally come. We took a walk after lunch and now Landon is playing with the neighbor boy outside.

My feelings really have a lot to do with the weather. What is that? Seasonal affective disorder or something like that? But, man, I feel GOOD today!


(Yes, that is a play shotgun in my sons hands. A little bit of the small town red-neck shining through. Not too much though, maybe pink-neck.)

1 comment:

Nashvillians Now said...

I think it is more likely the fact that he is the son of a soldier!

I have to agree with feelings affecting the weather. I am almost giddy when it is warm and sunny out, especially after a long spell of cold!