So this was our Thankfulness Tree for the month of November. I have been doing this for a number of years with the family and everyone seems to enjoy it, or at least participated, but I will take what I can get. :) I took it down yesterday to put up Christmas decorations, but I did jot down some of the things we are thankful for:
1. school
2. my smart kids
3. i'm thankful that mom loves me
4. that I got to watch "The Croods"
5. life in our small town
6. for Thanksgiving
7. family vacations
8. pharmaceutical intervention
9. the weekend
10. for the opportunity to serve my country
11. for nice in-laws
Each evening when the we sit down to eat supper we write down one thing we are thankful for on a leaf and put it on our tree. My 4 year old usually draws a picture or I help her. My 6 and 10 year old boys can do it themselves.
We started the Christmas celebration this weekend, also. Here are the pics:
| Anyone else know what this is? |
I hope you are getting ready for the birth of our savior in your house. Advent starts soon and the busyness of the season will, too. Please keep in mind the real reason for Christmas. j.
No comments:
Post a Comment