And it ended with an oh-so-special Resurrection Sunday Celebration. Sandwiched between was communion service, sleep-overs, egg hunts, pinewood derby's, an Easter Vigil mass and the blessed Easter Sunday service. But I want to share about our Passover meal.
We started this tradition last year when my husband and I wanted to get our children to understand the Last Supper. Last year we didn't do much research on the Jewish traditions so we just did a simple meal with lamb, some green salad (bitter herbs), and crackers (we couldn't find matzah - the closest grocery store is over 15 miles away, so you will have to excuse this). And we watched a video clip depecting the Last Supper with Jesus.
This year I put a lot more time and research into the Jewish traditions and what they mean. We did almost the whole 15 step process, we did omit one step that we were a little uncomfortable with. As the article in the link at the end of this post says, you can decide as a family how much or how little you want to include in your own tradition.
We went through the Seder rituals, but made sure to have Jesus as the focus. We tried to get the children to understant that this is similiar to what Jesus would have been doing at The Last Supper. We sat on the floor reclining with pillows. Roasted lamb with vegetables, matzah ball soup, green salad and sponge cake were served. My oldest says it is his second favorite meal of the year!
| Landon and Collin during the Seder. |
| Parsley, horseradish (bitter herbs), charoset and matzah. |
| Lamb, roasted veggies, green salad. |
| Finishing up the feast! |
I truely hope your weekend was as blessed as ours. I'm not sure I have enough time to post all the pictures and happenings of the weekend, it surely was a busy one, but as I get back into my familiar routine you can be sure I am still singing, "Chirst the Lord is risen today, Hallelluia!"
No comments:
Post a Comment