During the months of January and February all of my children were sick. I mean SICK! It started January 3rd with my youngest getting pneumonia. Then my middle got pneumonia. Then my youngest again. Then both of them got a stomach bug. As February rolled around I was hopeful that things would turn. We had about 2 weeks of feeling pretty good, then my oldest good The Flu. Yes, we all had The Flu Shot. All my children ended up getting it and it went into pneumonia for my oldest and bronchitis for my middle.
During all this sick and yuck and being snowed in 4 days I have to admit that there was more than one meal that was eaten in front of the T.V. And when the kids didn't feel good I wanted a tray I could put their food on. Or let them color on. Or put a small game on. And I found an old one at our local thrift store. It was dated 1968. Now that I think about it, maybe it was actually worth something. But I decided to cover up the hideous yellow and chartreous flowers with red fabric. Oh how I wish I had taken a before and after picture of this project. But in my everybody-is-sick-and-it's-cold-outside funk, I just didn't think of it. But here is the finished product.
No comments:
Post a Comment