1. In a nut shell: 3 kids has kicked my butt! And that's putting it mildly. 2 was easy, I thought. Surely 3 can't be much harder. ha,ha. now I know. Some of my friends have said the 3rd was easy for them. Not so much for us. But it is beginning to smooth out some now. Here are some pictures of the kids.
Kathryn is almost 5 months old already. She is teething and scooting around on the floor. She is almost able to sit by herself. She loves the exersaucer and Johnny-Jump-Up. She seems to have an independent personality.
2. I hate shopping in real life, but I love cyber shopping. Does that make sense? Shopping on-line has become sort of an obsession for me. And I have only paid for shipping once! Before I place an order from any merchant I check www.retailmenot.com for promotional coupons. Like I said, I almost never pay shipping and almost never pay full retail price.
3. I am addicted to Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. I only started watching it this season and begin to jones for the show as Thursday's roll around. Up until today, and I kid you not, I thought the producers, or whoever, put this bell ringing sound in the background of the show to somehow make you want to watch it. Like a hypnotist thing, or something. It seemed to happen whenever I watched Celebrity Rehab. Today, when I was replaying it on the DVR, I noticed the soft dinging again and I started to get upset thinking that someone was doing some Pavlov trick on the viewers when, and again I'm not fooling around, I realized it was our parakeet playing with his bell.
4. I have a horrific case of the winter blahs and cabin fever. It has been the coldest, wettest winter I can remember. And I'm hating it. The only thing getting me through right now is the thought of our planned Jamacian vaca this coming December.
4. I have a horrific case of the winter blahs and cabin fever. It has been the coldest, wettest winter I can remember. And I'm hating it. The only thing getting me through right now is the thought of our planned Jamacian vaca this coming December.
5. I will leave you with a favorite recipe of Landon's. But not so healthy.
Baked Apples
4-6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1 T. cornstarch
drop red food color
red hots
Mix together sugar, water, cornstarch and drop of red food color. Put apples in 1 - 2 qt casserole dish. Pour sugar water over apples. Sprinkle with red hots. Until it looks like enough. Bake at 350 degrees until done. About 30 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment