Since I've been absent for so long (5 months). I wanted to catch up on some things that have taken place on the home front. So here are 5 events that have happened lately.
1. Landon graduated from Pre-K in May. He really did a great job during the year and really seemed to enjoy it. He was happy when summer break came, and he's one of those kids who would have summer all year long if he could. All day Kindergarten starts on Sept. 1 and even though he's not jumping for joy, he seems to be looking forward to it.
2. We went on a family trip with my parents and my brother and his family to Branson during the week of Memorial Day. I have nothing but bad memories of the trip. My husband says it wasn't that bad, but it was very cool with rain 4 out of the 5 days and Landon started running a very high fever the second day we arrived. The fever persisted throughout the week and we actually stopped at the doctor's office on the way home on Friday. I suspect it was hand, foot, and mouth disease. Landon had sores in his mouth and all the kids that were there during that week came down with high fevers soon after we arrived home. Collin even took it to the church nursery and gave it too 3 of the kids there.
The resort we stayed at had like 6 awesome pools, but because it was so cold and rainy we mainly had to use the indoor pool. (I gave Landon Advil and/or Tylenol every 4-6 hours to keep the fever down. It was very high for a couple of days and neither Advil or Tylenol alone would take care of it, so I would give him both.) I actually sat in an outdoor kiddy pool while it was in the mid-50's and raining. It was great fun!! (that was sarcasm)
There were a few high points; however:
Landon caught his first fish:
3. Landon got to play t-ball for the first time this summer. It was excruciatingly painful to watch. (if you've ever seen a 5 year old t-ball game, you know what I mean.) But Landon seemed to enjoy it and he was the best hitter on the team. He only got out one time the whole season; when he was out at first.


4. We celebrated Collin's 2nd birthday on July 6. He is such a sweetheart and is almost always a joy. He can usually calm me down with his smile and sweet gestures he makes, like lots of hugs and pats. We celebrated outside with a picnic for family:
5. We are still working on our home addition! It is mainly time-constraints that have delayed the finishing. The main floor family room has been done for a good 4 months, but we are still working on the second floor bedroom. Our contractor (my father-in-law) has been away on vacation this week, so nothing has been done for a week. But the carpet people are coming on the 21st, so it has to be mostly done by then. I will be glad to get the upstairs ready for the baby.
This catches you up on the high points. I will try to make more regular posts as the baby's arrival draws near.
2 comments:
SO glad to 'see' you back!! Do you know if you're having a boy or girl yet?? Brian and I are in the process of adopting #3....we didn't pick gender so it's a big mystery right now!!!
Thanks for all the updates! YOu have been missed. I am not that good at updating my family blog anymore. The time just seems to fly doesn't it! I am so excited to find out about #3 for you!
I am sure Landon will love Kindergarten once he gets going in it! Hunter is counting down the days, he is so excited.
Again, so glad to find your new entries!
Post a Comment