Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This Is Powerful

This is not a political blog. I do not want it to be, but because I post a lot about what is going on in my life and my thoughts, it is natural that some politics will be posted here because it is such a hot election year.

I received an email from my dad written by a black christian named Huntley Brown. It has such a powerful message and it really solidified my opinions and decisions. I even checked it out with Snopes and it is authentic.

For me, this was the most powerful line in the essay:
"In an election there are many issues to consider, but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning, to name a few wrong economic concerns will soon not matter."

This is so true for me. If our christian values are so screwed up, economic concerns will not matter and will eventually follow that path.

Please, go to the snopes web site and read the email in it's entirety. And be sure to read Mr. Brown's comments at the bottom of the post.

Remember, Nov. 4. Everyone needs to vote for someone.

2 comments:

Nashvillians Now said...

Thanks Jennifer for pointing me to this email. That is very powerful!

Anonymous said...

that is one amazing email!
thanks for sharing!