Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been reading a cooking blog by Bob that has some interesting recipes and really nice photos. You know how it is when you read a blog and try to get a mental picture of the person in your mind? I cannot, for the life of me, get a mental picture of Bob. But I think he is from the Northeast somewhere. He often times writes "Heh." Which I am not sure how to pronounce or what, exactly, it means. Is it "hey", or more like a "yah"? Anyhoo, that is neither here or there.
I tried some of his cookies and they were great.

I am not a very good cookie baker. They are always flat and hard. I like to call them crispy. So I occasionally find a new recipe and try it to see if it turns out any better. Usually they don't.

These cookies were fabulous. They turned out a little, teeny bit on the flat side, but they were crunchy on the edges and very chewy in the center. The trick is not to over bake by one second. And I'm serious, that one second will make a difference. Also, I didn't make the gigantic sized cookies he did (1/2 c. of batter per cookie!). It was a little excessive for me. I'm not really into excess. Really. Anyway, next time I will probably double the amount of baking soda, to hopefully get a little more rise out of them. But I think they are the best cookies I've ever baked. Go to Cooking Stuff to read the recipe and look at the photos. I would have posted a photo here, but his are really nice.

2 comments:

Nashvillians Now said...

How funny! I saw these on another blog and made them. KJ and I decided they really are the best. Those things are really good!

Bob said...

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the hat-tip. :) I am from the NE, near Boston. "Heh" is like a chuckle kind of thing, sounds kind of like huh with a soft e. It's just something I say a lot in real life, most of the time I don't even notice myself typing it.

Glad you liked the cookies. They are wicked good, I wish I could take credit for the recipe. Oh, and the 1/2 cup measure? That was a mistake on my part. The 1/2 cup was supposed to be torn in half and each half baked separately.