Friday, August 29, 2008

PRAISE THE LORD!!

I have so much in my head right now that I would like to get into this post, but I don't know if it's possible. My fingers sometimes can't keep up with my brain.

Last Tuesday Collin started throwing up. I figured he just had what everybody else had, the stomach virus. It was making it's way through my whole family and the community. He threw up Tuesday and Wednesday and I was sure we would be over it on Thursday. He began to get worse on Thursday and threw up off and on all day and wouldn't eat. He was also very dehydrated. About 11:30 pm on Thursday, Landon started throwing up, so I was sure it was a virus going around. I took Collin to the doctor on Friday and the NP told me just to keep giving him fluids and if he wasn't better on Monday to bring him back. He was still throwing up Monday, so I took him back. The doctor pronounced he had antravirus (?) -not sure of the spelling- that was going around the area. A fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, that sometimes lasted 10 days. I knew of a few other babies in town with it, so I figured that was all it was. The doctor told me to bring him back on Wednesday if he was still throwing up. So on Wednesday I took him back. After she asked me some more questions, she was a little puzzled and wanted to run some more tests. Including an MRI to rule out brain tumors, etc. OH MY GOSH. I nearly died on the spot. But testing began. Blood work, chest and stomach x-rays, urinalysis, and a strep test. All came back ok. The doctor said it's either the virus or a tumor. The MRI was this morning and we got the results just an hour ago. My baby doesn't have anything wrong in the brain. ++++
The phone just rang and my husband picked it up and I heard him start talking about the MRI again. It was the doctor just reassuring us again that everything looks great and that his blood work showed a massive viral infection. Maybe even mono. But I don't like that diagnosis, so I pronounce him having the antravirus thingy. They want to check his blood again in a month to make sure his immune system is bouncing back ok.
Man, are we relieved. I was sick with worry. You never think something like this could happen to you, but it happens all the time. I just hug my kids tighter and thank God it wasn't us this time.
I've prayed without ceasing for the last 3 days. How can I keep it up? I'm going to feel guilty now, after all this is over. How can I thank God enough? I've told everyone I know about God's grace in this situation. Is that enough? Does God measure this? I don't think that as a human, and therefore a sinner, I can thank Him enough. That is way He sent His Son, to take my sin. But I still feel like I want to do more to glorify Him.

Shae and I have had a 4 day weekend planned for this weekend for months. We pushed it back a day for these tests and now we can go and relax. We are going to the Colorado Springs area for 4 days. I will share more of the trip when I can.

Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts.

2 comments:

Are We There Yet?? said...

Thank God!! I have been praying for you guys and I am so relieved to hear that all is okay. Have fun in CO.

Jolyn said...

God's Grace is Good.