Monday, August 4, 2008

Let Us Break Bread Together

I am so stoked about this whole breadmaking thing. Christy over at Nashvillians Now has started baking her own bread in the bread machine. I have had a bread machine for 10 years and have used it 3 times. Correct that, 4 times - I used it this morning. But I can't wait to try different recipes and see which I like. I thought the loaf came out looking better than ever and the texture was pretty good. I used a basic white bread recipe, but substituted some of the white flour for whole wheat. I would bring my ingredients closer to room temp next time. Next time I want to use a recipe that calls for powdered milk (or find out how to substitute powdered milk for regular milk) so I can use the delay feature and have it bake in the wee hours of the morning so I can wake up to a fresh loaf!

I have been encouraged by Christy's ideas and thought on healthy eating and shopping that I am getting back to the baking and cooking I did before I had Number 2 (Collin, I mean). Thanks Christy, and keep up the good ideas, I need the encouragement.

No comments: