Monday, July 14, 2008

OKC Trip

I just spent the last hour at google reader getting caught up on all my blogs! Let's see what I could be doing that would actually be productive:


1. Laundry.
2. Weeding flower beds.
3. Picking up toys.
4. Cleaning the kitchen.
5. Doing bills.
6. Making a grocery list.
7. Unpacking from this weekend.
8. Getting ready for Bible School.

Why do I always need a vacation from the actual vacation? It's always more work when you get home. I guess I'm in a post-vaca funk. (fyi: vaca is the new gansta word for vacation. in case you aren't in the hip-hop scene like myself.) also, another new word I learned today: chillax, as in, chill and relax. "Mom, chillax!" (That didn't come from my child, thank God.)


Anyhow, I am doing anything but addressing the desperate state of our living quarters.


We made a short, short trip to Oklahoma City this weekend. Left on Friday, back on Sunday night. We went with my bro and sister in law, Tim and Barbara. They have two kids also, Taylor and Andrew. We had a really fabulous time. Here are the pics to prove it:



Collin, Andrew, Landon and Taylor beginning our Zoo journey. If you ever are in OKC, you have got to go to the Zoo. It is the best I've ever been to.

Landon and Taylor riding the turtle.

Landon and Taylor needing some air conditioning and lunch.

Landon climbing on the big Tiger.

Landon and Taylor cooling off in the misters.

Collin getting excited about a gorilla. He LOVED the gorilla's.

Landon and Taylor sugaring-up on suckers.

End of the zoo. Boy were we tired. Time for a swim.

Collin loves the water.


Landon cooling off.

Taylor and Landon at On The Border.

Shae and Collin on the Water Taxi ride.

Shae and Landon in front of the 45th Infantry Division Museum.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wow! It looks like you had a GREAT trip!!!

Nashvillians Now said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!

I love the word chillax. I had never heard that before. That is great!

So your hubby is going to be the Dad that drags his kids to the military museums when you go on trips??? My Dad did that to us. When you are between the ages of 6-16 it is not fun or cool!