Monday, May 12, 2008

Argument Starter

I read this statistic in a magazine today.

A woman who has a husband adds 7 hours of housework to her work load a week.

A man who has a wife saves an hour of housework a week.

So I relayed this to my husband, who retorted: "You know what I would say to that? A man with a wife loses $50,000 a year."

Touche'.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Your husband is a very wise man and knows how to start and argument! ;)

Are We There Yet?? said...

Thems are fighting words!!!

You need to find that statistic about how much a stay at home mom is 'worth'. I think it's $100,000 or more.

I love how men see any money women spend as being for themselves (even if it's groceries, stuff for the kids, etc.).

My favorite from B is when he said to me "I don't understand why I am always having to clean the house. The guys I work with don't clean house." Yes, he is correct, they don't clean house. Their wives also stay at home. If he thinks I'm going to work full-time, cook every night, AND clean the house by myself he has lost his mind. ;)

Nashvillians Now said...

Say it Dr. U!!!!