Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Craft Project Gone Awry

Many 'o time (St. Patty's is getting the best of me), I have began a project only to say, "Why in tarnation did I start this?" Ok, maybe not the tarnation part, but I would definitely wonder where my sanity was when I decided to begin something. And so it goes with my current project.

I received my latest Family Fun magazine issue in the mail and saw directions for these oh, so cute ribbon flowers. I thought to myself, "I have got to make those, they are oh, so cute." Little did I know. . .

So, I purchased about (Shae, if you're reading this, look away) $40 worth of ribbon and supplies. But they are oh, so cute. I told myself. I even began taking pictures of my progress so I could show you all how I made these flowers.



I even got two flowers made, and man, were they oh, so cute.


Then I let them set overnight. And tragedy struck! The double stick tape they instruct you to use does not stick! Should I try to salvage this project and use hot glue instead of double stick tape? Is it even worth the effort? Are they really oh, so cute to begin with? All of these thought provoking and earth shattering questions will be answered. . . in a future post.

1 comment:

Nashvillians Now said...

What are you making them for? What were your plans to do with them?