At my church, on the first Wednesday of the month, there is a meal served before the mid-week service. I am on the committee that cooks the meal and I am the one in charge of the meals now that we changed jobs at the beginning of the year. I was treasurer, which was very interesting. I never balanced that account until the end-of-year review deadline. I was always worried I would get charged with embezzlement or something because the books were such a wreck. Anyhoo. . .
Tomorrow we are having beef stew. It really is a yummy, easy recipe. The recipe feeds five. I had to make it serve 70.
My mother and I peeled and chopped 10 lbs of potatoes and 6 lbs of carrots. That gadget you see in the second picture is a Ro-Ta-To and I love it. It's one of those things you see on TV and think, "Who the heck needs that?!" Well, I do. Whenever you need to peel potatoes for a crowd it saves a bunch of time.
A friend of mine is peeled and chopping 5 lbs of potatoes, 2 lbs of carrots, and 2 bags of celery. I will post tomorrow night with pics of the finished soup and the final recipe. (I never know exactly how much of everything I will use, so I keep track as I put the stew together.)
Good Night.
1 comment:
That is a lot of food! Wow! I have a problem when I cook for a lot of people I always over cook! Brad says that it is a southern thing! I don't know. Happy peeling!
Post a Comment