Saturday, February 23, 2008

Single Parenting for Awhile




Once again my better-half (and I say that right now with a little disrespect) is leaving. This time for a whole 28 days. He left for Arizona in his car this morning for National Guard training. This will be the first extended period he has been away since I had Collin, my second son. I just spoke to Shae on the phone and he is 20 minutes from his overnight stop in New Mexico. He will drive the remaining 4-5 hours tomorrow.



I spent most of my day today at my parents. They and Shae's parents are life savers while he is away (and I'm not just saying that because I know they read my posts). I only had a little problem getting Landon into bed tonight, and I feel guilty for raising my voice (ok, yelling) at him. Tomorrow I will try a different approach and see if everyone can get to bed on time and without too much wining, crying, etc.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Our prayers will be with you, the boys and Shae as you are apart! I will be praying strength and patience for you! ;)

Nashvillians Now said...

We will be praying for you, your boys, and Shae during this time! Hang in there!