I will admit I can cook a mean meal. My fried chicken single-handedly delivered my husband to the alter. (Fortunatly I was standing up there with him.) Yes, I love to cook. But not so much bake. My cookies are always flat and hard. I want to blame it on the recipe, but who am I kidding? Yesterday Landon wanted to bake some cookies, so I reluctantly said ok. (Sometimes it hardly seems worth it because my cookies never turn out, and Landon always makes a mess.) I tried a new recipe, and they weren't really good. Of course my husband, who like I said before loves my cooking, doesn't eat my cookies (My mom-in-law ruined it because she is a terrific cookie baker - thanks a lot Lupe!). The next time a make a splended meal I will share some of my recipes with you, but not any cookies. So here's just a pic of Landon, making a mess:
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Landon's Cookies
It's been pretty uneventful around here lately. Collin's been very cranky today and has a runny nose. I'm keeping the kids pretty much at home anyway until this resparitory bug that is going around passes. With Landon's asthma, I never know when he will land in the hospital. We've been there, done that last year, and I'd rather not repeat it.
I will admit I can cook a mean meal. My fried chicken single-handedly delivered my husband to the alter. (Fortunatly I was standing up there with him.) Yes, I love to cook. But not so much bake. My cookies are always flat and hard. I want to blame it on the recipe, but who am I kidding? Yesterday Landon wanted to bake some cookies, so I reluctantly said ok. (Sometimes it hardly seems worth it because my cookies never turn out, and Landon always makes a mess.) I tried a new recipe, and they weren't really good. Of course my husband, who like I said before loves my cooking, doesn't eat my cookies (My mom-in-law ruined it because she is a terrific cookie baker - thanks a lot Lupe!). The next time a make a splended meal I will share some of my recipes with you, but not any cookies. So here's just a pic of Landon, making a mess:
I will admit I can cook a mean meal. My fried chicken single-handedly delivered my husband to the alter. (Fortunatly I was standing up there with him.) Yes, I love to cook. But not so much bake. My cookies are always flat and hard. I want to blame it on the recipe, but who am I kidding? Yesterday Landon wanted to bake some cookies, so I reluctantly said ok. (Sometimes it hardly seems worth it because my cookies never turn out, and Landon always makes a mess.) I tried a new recipe, and they weren't really good. Of course my husband, who like I said before loves my cooking, doesn't eat my cookies (My mom-in-law ruined it because she is a terrific cookie baker - thanks a lot Lupe!). The next time a make a splended meal I will share some of my recipes with you, but not any cookies. So here's just a pic of Landon, making a mess:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm going to need the fried chicken recipe!
That is another thing I have never made but always wanted to know how too!
Post a Comment