Sunday, January 27, 2008

My First Post

I sent out my Christmas cards like I normally do every year about 2 weeks before Christmas. I receive about half of how many I send and I really enjoy reading the updates from friends and family. I got a surprise this year when I read one of our friends from Knoxville, TN recently moved to Nashville, I had no idea. The letter mentioned that she had a "blog," not really knowing what a blog was, I decided to check this "blog" out. (Please remember I live in a town of 700 and am very happy just doing my thing - family, church, etc. I only use the computer for the occasional email and some miscellanous word processing.) But when I checked her blog out I was really intrigued. and hooked. She mentioned I should start my own, so here I am - typing my first post. While I was trying to set up my account I began to get frusterated with some of the settings and expressed this to my husband, who promptly said "Maybe we should get you a rotary phone so you can start calling people." Obviously I am behind on technology, but I hope to learn some things.



I hope you enjoy my blog and hope it will keep you updated on our family. And if any of you still have a rotary phone out there, let me know.

2 comments:

Nashvillians Now said...

Jennifer,
I am so excited you started a blog! I will be a regular reader from now on! We can't wait to keep up to date with the happenings in your life.

Also, my Mom had a rotary phone until about 3 years ago. She kept it as her bedroom phone until Kevin and I made too much fun of her. It was harvest gold!

Joy said...

Hey Jen! Welcome to the blog world! I am so glad that you are here! I am excited to catch up with you and read the day to day lemons and lemonade of you life! ;)